METRO WINTER WEATHER REMINDER
With inclement weather in the forecast later this week, Metro wants to remind residents that Metro’s buses are ready to get you safely to and from your destinations this winter.
In the event of accumulating ice or snow, Metro service will be available but detours and delays may be possible throughout the service area.
Updated service information will be provided through the following outlets:
- Metro's Cincy EZAlerts is a free tool that allows riders to sign up to receive service alerts (detours, service interruptions, etc.) by text or email for their specific routes.
- Real-time bus tracking apps such as Transit App or Metro's desktop Transit Tracker allows riders to track their bus in real-time on the map.
- Metro's Detour Hotline at 632-7538 provides a recorded message, updated continuously from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. on severe winter weather days to give the most current bus detour information.
- Metro's website also provides bus detour information and bus schedules.
- Metro's call center at 621-4455 is open weekdays 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. for complete bus-riding information.
- Cincy EZRide app is a free app on Android and iOS that makes it convenient for customers to purchase their fare on their smartphone, instead of digging through their wallet for exact change.
IMPORTANT: Metro buses cannot stop safely on snowy or icy hills. Customers should board at the top or bottom of hills.
Metro is a non-profit, tax-funded public service of the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority, providing about 15 million rides per year.