University of Cincinnati Metro Program
The UC*Metro Program is offered to enrolled University of Cincinnati students and employees to help defray their cost of transportation. With each new semester, UC students and UC employees must:
• Apply online to receive a new EZ Ride discount card that will be valid for the semester. Program eligibility is determined at the time of online application.
• Use and swipe the valid discount card at the farebox onboard Metro to receive the discount.
The EZ Ride Discount Card is free to eligible students and employees and can be used for unlimited rides anywhere Metro goes for only $1 with no additional zone charges. Transfers are available for $.50.
• Valid for the same semester time period -- they become valid on the first day of the semester and they expire on the first day of the following semester.
• May be used 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, for unlimited rides per day wherever Metro buses travel.
• Carry the name and photograph of the UC cardholder and are only valid for the person to whom they are issued.
Read about the program requirements and register for the discount card on the UC website.
For questions about the UC*Metro Program contact Amiee Gibson at caylorae@UCMAIL.UC.EDU or 513-556-4424.
Eight routes service UC's Main campus, view them here:
Metro bus stops/routes serving UC West (Main) Campus
Metro bus stops/routes serving UC East (Medical) Campus
Metro serves UC's Blue Ash Campus: Rt. 4 Blue Ash serves the UC Blue Ash campus (Monday through Friday)
From Main Campus, you can take Rt. 51 and transfer to the Rt. 4 in Blue Ash (or take any other route heading downtown to catch Rt. 4 at Government Square.)
Several routes travel within a 5-10 minute walk of the Victory Parkway Campus.
Metro and Cincinnati State have teamed up to offer students the Metro Discount Card to help defray their cost of transportation. The Metro Discount Card allows students to ride the bus only $1 each way with no additional zone charges and 50 cent transfers if needed. That’s right – only $1 each way on any bus, anytime, anywhere Metro goes. And the card is free!
Students find it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3 -
1. They sign up on their Cincinnati State account to receive their Metro Discount Card.
2. Swipe the valid Metro Discount Card at the farebox onboard any Metro bus.
3. Pay $1 after they swipe the card. Pay an additional 50 cents if they need a transfer.
The Metro Discount Card:
•Is valid for one semester -- it becomes valid on the first day of the semester and expires on the first day of the following semester.
• May be used 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, for unlimited rides per day wherever Metro buses travel. (Not valid on special services.)
• Carries the name and photograph of the Cincinnati State cardholder and is only valid for the person to whom it is issued.
Get more information about the program and register for the Metro Discount Card on the Cincinnati State website.
Antonelli College Metro Discount Program
Get on board. Metro and Antonelli College are teaming up to help you get to college.
Get a Metro Discount Card that let's you ride the bus for only $1 each way with $0.50 cent transfers if needed. Just "tap and show." Students simply swipe their Metro Discount Card, drop a dollar in the farebox, show their photo ID to the operator, and enjoy the ride. And the card is free!
Antonelli College is conveniently located only two blocks from Government Square, Metro's downtown transit hub.
Contact Antonelli's network administrator, Ken Harthun to get your Metro Discount Card. Please allow 3 to 5 business days to get your card. Cards will be distributed by the Antonelli College Dean of Students.