Guaranteed Ride Home

Metro + Uber Guaranteed Ride Home Promotion

Metro and Uber teamed up to make the Guaranteed Ride Home a sweeter deal for you! Now through March 8, registered members can request an Uber and enjoy a free ride if they miss their bus due to having to work late or if they experience a family emergency and need to leave work or school during the day.

Sign up!

How do you take advantage of this convenient program?  Follow these four simple steps:

1.       Register by completing the online form or calling 513.632.7580.  Note: You must purchase a 30-day rolling pass to qualify to become a member of Metro’s free Guaranteed Ride Home program.

2.       A personalized ID card will be mailed to you, keep this handy for your use.

3.       Mail in your completed Guaranteed Ride Home reimbursement form (344KB) and your receipt to Guaranteed Ride Home, 602 Main Street, Ste.1100, Cincinnati, OH 45202.

4.       Receive a FREE ride with the Uber partnership! (expect a payment from Metro covering 80% of the cost and a refund of your Uber charge for the remaining 20%)



You are also welcome to make transportation arrangements with other ride share organizations or local taxi companies and receive reimbursement for up to 80% of your travel costs when you need to leave work due to an emergency, illness or unexpected overtime.

You can use the Guaranteed Ride Home program up to four times a year up to a maximum of $100.  The maximum for a single ride is $45. Only trips to home, a hospital, daycare facility, school, or to a park-and-ride facility are covered.

Funded through a federal grant to promote public-transit use, Metro's Guaranteed Ride Home will reimburse you up to four times per calendar year up to a maximum of $100. The maximum for a single taxi ride is $45. Reimbursement is made when unplanned overtime or an unexpected emergency occurs during your normal workday. Only trips from work to home, a hospital, daycare facility, school, or to a park-and-ride facility are covered. You must be registered for the Guaranteed Ride Home program at the time you request reimbursement.

Joining is easy! Simply fill out the online application or call 513-632-7580 for more information.